Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.Role:
- Design, simulate, implement, and measure passive/active RF sub-systems at microwave frequencies, including; LNAs, power amplifiers, up/down convertors, filters, oscillators, etc.
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Deep knowledge of basic RF concepts, such as transmission lines, impedance matching, filter design, and active RF circuits
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing RF hardware for microwave frequencies
- Experience with RF simulation tools (ADS or HFSS)
- Experience taking RF measurements with spectrum analyzers, signal generators, network analyzers, etc.
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Antennas and Electromagnetics propagation knowledge and background
- Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDR)
- Experience with PCB design using Altium or similar schematic and layout tools
- Experience with Python (or other object-oriented programming language)
- Experience automating RF measurements
The base pay for this position is $26.50 per hour.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.