Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!Environmental Test Specialist
The Environmental Test Specialist will be responsible for planning and running dynamic and thermal environmental testing of components, subsystems, and spacecraft. They will help establish procedures to train technicians on test processes and equipment and be the first line of defense for any test equipment failures. They will work directly with engineering to perform testing on space flight hardware and have the ability to set up and perform complex tests with minimal direction. They are also responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and calibrating test equipment, and coordinating with the facilities team to maintain the test facility.Role
- Setup, validate, and perform testing for thermal, thermal vacuum, vibration, acoustics, and RF environments
- Develop standard operating procedures for test operations and related processes to train test operators across all environments
- Provide first level troubleshooting, assist root cause efforts, and implement corrective actions for test and support equipment failures
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and calibrate test and support equipment
- Provide Design for Test feedback to optimize environmental test processes and assist in fabrication of test setups and fixtures
- Provide direction for technicians as needed
- 5+ years of working experience in testing integrated systems
- Experience setting up and operating thermal chambers, thermal vacuum chambers, and vibration shaker tables
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment (multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc) and data acquisition systems
- Experience developing and executing test plans and procedures from requirements
- Willing and able to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as required
- Climbing ladders, long durations of standing, grasping, sitting, pulling, and physical bending movements
- Able to lift 25lbs, unassisted
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline
- Experience with designing and building electrical harnesses and connectors
- Experience with software tools to develop, integrate, or modify automated test systems, test equipment controls, or data acquisition systems
- Experience in operating cranes, man lifts, forklifts, and handling equipment
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus with extensive multitasking and organizational experience
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
The hourly pay for this position is $45-58/hr.What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.