Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!Software Engineer - Controls and Simulation
As our Controls and Simulation Engineer, you will design, develop, and test our high-fidelity spacecraft simulation that is used to validate the software that controls our satellites while in orbit.
You will improve the core simulation infrastructure and collaborate with engineering teams across the company to model new systems and add interesting new features to the simulator.Role
- Work with the engineering team to design, build, and test a high-fidelity software simulation
- Work with the Guidance Navigation and Controls team to validate flight algorithms through Hardware-in-the-Loop simulations
- Accelerate the software development process with improved tools and visualizations
- Support in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent background experience
- Experience with C/C++, Python, or other high-level object-oriented programming language(s)
- Experience building simulations of physical systems
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with version control systems (git, mercurial, sv, or others)
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously without much supervision
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
What we offer:
- Understanding of classical or modern control theory, and basic orbital mechanics
- Knowledge of memory management, threading, and interprocess communication techniques
- Experience with databases
- Experience with spacecraft design
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.