Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!
Internships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on complex projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.Role:
- Work together with the GNC & Propulsion team to design, build, and test satellite hardware and software.
- Take on an interdisiciplinary role to test propulsion hardware and integrate it into satellites.
- Analyze the effects of operating propulsion systems, and develop solutions to mitigate consequences to other spacecraft systems.
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering, CS, physics) with a focus on chemical and/or electrical propulsion for spacecraft
- Understanding of spacecraft systems and operation
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, build, and test hardware and/or software from scratch
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Familiarity with spacecraft design
- Experience with Python
- Test experience with spacecraft propulsion systems
- Test experience with electrical hardware
The base pay for this position is $26.50 per hour.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.