Astranis is connecting the four billion people in the world who do not currently have access to the internet. We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost spacecraft to bring the world online.
We are well-funded by some of the best investors in the business and have raised over $350 million to date. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology. And we have a fun and collaborative work environment where you will learn a lot and make a huge impact no matter where you are in your career. Just check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our team has to say about working at Astranis.
Our team is growing fast. Apply now!Human Resources Business Partner
As Astranis’s HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for leading, developing, and implementing the HR partnership model across the organization, working closely with the broader HR team to develop practical and scalable solutions to our people and business challenges.
As a rapidly growing startup (45% growth in headcount YoY in 2022), we are constantly spinning up new teams, training new managers, and hiring new employees. Your role will be to proactively engage with team members at all levels of the organization to champion and elevate our hardworking Astranis culture, deftly provide support and strategic guidance in personnel matters, and own our performance management processes and systems.Role
- Provide day-to-day HR guidance to leaders regarding performance management, career development, employee engagement, organizational policies, diversity, equity & inclusion, and more
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues with discretion and finesse while coaching and facilitating feedback
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations when needed
- Partner cross-functionally to create, drive and implement HR programs, systems, and tools that enhance the team member experience
- Own our performance management systems, processes and tools
- Adopt and iteratively improve upon existing HR practices for scalability
- Work collaboratively within the HR team
- Use people analytics, organizational health routines, and other data sources to drive decisions
- You will report to the VP of Operations
- 3-5 years as an HR Business Partner with specific HR knowledge in organizational design and development; performance management; employee engagement; employment law; employee relations; diversity, equity & inclusion; training & employee development; systems and tools
- Must have demonstrable experience collaborating with leadership to plan, build, and implement HR initiatives that align with business objectives
- Proven ability to lead and influence all levels within the organization
- Skilled business acumen; a quickness in understanding and dealing with risks and opportunities in business situations leading to successful outcomes
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication; can adapt style based on the audience
- Analytically driven with strong project management skills and exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to solve complex problems in a scalable way
- Knowledge and proficiency with HRIS systems such as Lattice, CultureAmp and ADP
- Have a strong sense of accountability, and proven track record of results
- PHR, SHRM-CP or equivalent professional certification a plus
- Experience with coaching employees and managers at all levels
- Experience with cultivating bench strength and building institutional resilience through succession planning
- Proven ability to understand business goals and design & implement new approaches, policies and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of the HR function within the company
- Bias for action as evidenced through proactive, innovative and value-creating solution implementation
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity within a complex, dynamic and rapidly changing business environment
- Willingness and ability to seamlessly transition between strategic thinking and tactical execution
- Proven ability to prioritize the most impactful work amidst multiple competing priorities
All our positions offer a compensation package that includes equity, robust benefits, and bonuses.
The Base Salary for this position ranges from $120,000 -$150,000 per year.What we offer:
Base pay is a single component of Astranis' total rewards package, which may also include equity in the form of incentive stock options, performance bonuses, high quality company-subsidized healthcare, disability and life insurance benefits, flexible PTO, 401(K) retirement, and free on-site catered meals.
Astranis pay ranges are infomed and defined through professional-grade salary surveys and compensation data sources. The actual base salary offered to a successful candidate will additionally be influenced by a variety of factors including experience, credentials & certifications, educational attainment, skill level requirements, and the level and scope of the position.U.S. Citizenship, Lawful Permanent Residency, Or Refugee/Asylee Status Required
(To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States, or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3))
Our mission and our products are meant to connect the world and everyone in it, regardless of gender, race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
All employees of Astranis are required to be vaccinated by the start of their employment. Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.