Astrobotic Technology, Inc. is a space robotics company that seeks to make space accessible to the world. The company’s suite of lunar landers delivers payloads to the Moon for companies, governments, universities, non-profits, and individuals. The company is also developing advanced space robotics capabilities such as terrain relative navigation, mobile robotics for lunar surface operations, and reliable computing systems for mission-critical applications. Originally spun out of Carnegie Mellon University in 2007, Astrobotic is pioneering affordable planetary access that promises to spark a new era of exploration, science, tourism, resource utilization, and mining. Astrobotic’s headquarters is in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with a second location in Mojave, California.
- Report directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications and work closely with the Director of Proposal Development and other team members within the Department of Business Development.
- Develop marketing and branding content, including logos, images, charts, diagrams, and documents for stakeholders, customers, and the general public.
- Effectively communicate visual information in digital formats for the web, social media, and email.
- Develop technical graphics, figures, and tables for company proposals to customers.
- Develop visually appealing company product sheets and presentations.
- Collaborate with technical department team members, such as engineering leads, to turn their ideas and concepts into polished, professional, and sophisticated graphics.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Astrobotic brand and company goals.
- Manage, organize, and own the workflow of visual asset production at the company.
- Willingness to learn and develop the ability to produce 3D models and renders of company products.
- Willingness to assist in the capture, editing, and production of photography and videography.
- Other duties as assigned for visual product development.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Related degree (graphic design, visual communications, digital media, etc.) and at least two years of professional experience. More extensive experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong portfolio reflecting production experience in graphic design.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to create original logos, icons, and graphics that are not derived exclusively from existing stock imagery.
- Some experience in photography, videography, and/or media production.
- A mastery of design principles and best practices.
- Careful attention to detail (in particular, typography, spacing, color, and scale).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self-driven and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- A team player who is able to comfortably collaborate with a wide range of teams and individuals across the company.
- An ongoing curiosity and desire to learn about new technology and information.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with modeling tools (e.g., Blender, SolidWorks, SolidWorks Visualize, etc.) is desirable, but not required.
- Experience working in Adobe Premiere Pro and/or After Effects is desirable, but not required.
- A passion for space!
Salary Range: $55,000 - $70,000
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and the candidates professional experience. Base salary is just one component of Astrobotic’s competitive total rewards strategy.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Astrobotic Technology, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.