One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
The selected candidate will lead a project team assisting with the development of complex, state-of-the-art systems for space-based applications. You will lead a high-performance systems engineering team that works with customers on architecture concepts and enabling technologies for advanced SIGINT satellite systems. You will lead the development of space architecture concepts, sub-system design, payload design, requirements development, analysis and decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm development, concept of operations (CONOPS) development, and risk reduction.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to lead activities to plan, design, develop and verify highly-complex lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Guide others to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Lead analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Lead analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialties quality factors into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success.
- Develop designs and conducts research that results in new requirements management methodologies or result in unique approaches that mitigate assessment/review findings.
- Create and implements strategic approaches for program and business area decisions.
- Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Define and develop SIGINT satellite architecture-level CONOPs, space-based systems development, and payload architectures.
- Lead architecture-level trade studies.
- Define and validate space system requirements and interfaces.
- Develop and direct technical concepts in support of proposals and task orders.
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition.
- Lead system-level integration and validation planning.
- Lead development of analyses and simulations tools development efforts for space architectures analysis and payload systems.
- Inform the development and verification system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 10+ years of experience with digital payload design, analysis, development, and verification.
- 10+ years of experience working on space-based SIGINT.
- 5+ years of experience working on geolocation and anti-jam mitigation.
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Signal Processing or Digital Communications.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- This position requires a current U.S. Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
- This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agrees to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical engineering
- Experience in a Chief Engineer or Lead Engineer role responsible for ensuring system and product integration across multiple disciplines
- Experience in leading a team of engineers, suppliers, and support personnel in the technical design, development, integration, and test of a large scale complex mechanical and fluid system test facility
- Demonstrated leadership for driving issue resolution and mitigating technical risk
- Experience working with product/component developers and vendors who provide critical functionality to the overall system
- Familiarity with MBSE applications, concepts and practices
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink and C++
- Experience with optical communications systems
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab equipment
If the Federal Executive Order for Government Contractors becomes effective, this role may require vaccination. In such instance, absent an approved accommodation based on a religious or medical reason, employees in this role will be required to be fully vaccinated no later than applicable deadlines, which are unknown at this point. Viasat will strive to give individuals as much notice as practicable if a vaccine mandate becomes applicable to this role.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!