As a Buyer, you will be responsible for coordinating activities involved with procuring, tracking, and expediting goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and supplies at a competitive price, delivery, and quality via the issuance of a purchase order.
- Track and manage purchase orders from award of procurement to receipt, including AOG and expedited requests
- Work with accounting to reconcile vendor accounts and invoices, ensuring there is a 3-way match
- Issue purchase orders in accordance with contracts or agreements
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Manages and reports to Director for metrics including on-time delivery, quality ratings, purchase price variance,
- Maintain records in accordance with established policies, procedures, and audit guidelines
- Ensure company and supplier compliance to Non-Disclosure Agreements, Export Compliance, and Contracts
- Knowledge of the industry and aerospace manufacturing
- Ability, willingness to travel 25-30% depending on business needs and engage with suppliers
What You Bring:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and work experience, preference given to supply chain or engineering degrees
- Energetic, passionate and organized team member ready to support complex factory procurement activities
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex product development environment with multiple priorities as well as a disciplined production setting
- Experience with IMP/IMS, risk management, configuration management, requirements management processes
- Understanding of Produce Lifecycle Management, Configuration Management, Configuration Control, ERP and MRP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Oracle or ERP/MRP demand management systems
- Working knowledge of global supply chain management issues and practices.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of negotiation practices/methodology for commodities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.