Telespazio Belgium can count on almost 40 years of experience in the field of Space Operations Service & Engineering activities.
We provide a significant contribution to the most major Space programs of the European Space Agency. Our core business is to work on the ground to build bridges into space, contributing to the success of ambitious missions.
The European Space Agency is our biggest client and we provide highly qualified employees to many sites of ESA but mainly for ESTEC in the Netherlands, and we provide a permanent contract with great benefits, a good salary, a relocation package along with genuine support to our employees.
On behalf of the European Space Agency, we are looking for a highly skilled Radio Navigation Engineer to work in ESTEC, in the Netherlands.
What is expected from you:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g., GALILEO, LEO-PNT, Moonlight, EGNOS, GENESIS) and R&D activities in the fields of system, signal, receivers and performance for Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT). This includes design, implementation and testing of systems, signals and receiver techniques, derivation of the system and user performances, GNSS techniques/algorithms at signal and positioning level, alternative PNT systems exploiting signals from LEO and from terrestrial cellular systems such as 5G/6G, PNT in the Moon, etc.
- Contribute to the Agency's R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation, among others, in the following areas: future PNT systems and concepts, multi-layer PNT, receiver techniques (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, mitigation of multipath/interference/spoofing, use of signals of opportunity and 5G / 5G NTN) for improved accuracy, availability, reliability and resilience.
- Participation and active contributions to ESA activities supporting standardization bodies and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including for example, R&D activities, procurement of GNSS bread-boards and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies/test user segments;
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
What you offer
Background and solid experience including hands-on experience on testbeds and field trials in several of the following fields:
- GNSS/SBAS systems and associated user technologies,
- non-GNSS PNT systems and user technologies (in particular those involving 5G and/or V2X technologies);
- advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (e.g. 5G signals, angular measurements, MIMO, Kalman filter, sensor fusion, etc.);
- space and ground systems architecture;
- Experience in one or more of the following fields is considered an asset: PNT integrity (e.g. SBAS, ARAIM) and safety, GNSS receivers for launchers or satellites, space equipment for wireless systems (TTC, GNSS, Satcom)
- Eligibility to obtain an EU personal security clearance from the relevant national authority.
What we offer
- A competitive salary;
- 30 days of paid annual leave, plus the days ESTEC is closed including public holidays (~12 days) based on a 40-hour working week;
- Hybrid working scheme (3 days in the office and 2 days remote)
- Flexible working hours; you are in charge of your own agenda respecting core working hours
- Fully paid collective extensive health insurance scheme;
- A good pension scheme with no personal contribution;
- A career development (Coursera membership + training budget);
- Travel allowance;
- Extensive relocation package
You will be working within ESTEC, the European Space Agency’s offices in the Netherlands as a contractor for Telespazio Belgium. Due to the COVID restrictions, we don’t expect the employees to be on-site full time however you will still have to relocate to the Netherlands for this position.
Check out the ESTEC site here: esa.int/About_Us/ESTEC
Deadline to apply: 20/02/2023
Expected starting date: To be defined with ESA after a recruitment process of about 3 months
Please note that interviews can/will be held via skype, webex or other digital platforms but might be held in person, on site in ESTEC.
We look forward to receiving your application for this position!