We are looking for an Engineering & CubeSat Training Coordinator to join the Training & Operations Team and bring their expertise to support the ESA Education programme.
Space Applications Services is a company based in the Brussels area (BE) that provides products and services for the space sector in many areas from Avionics, Robotics, Human Exploration, Science and Earth Observation.
The ESA Education Office aims to use space as a theme to enhance the literacy of young people in science and technology and to motivate young Europeans to pursue a space-related career. The office personnel is based partially at the ESA-ESTEC Centre in The Netherlands, and partially at the ESA-ESEC Centre in Belgium. The Office works in close cooperation with specialists from ESA, industry, university departments and other research organisations.
Within Space Applications Services the position is in the Services Department, Training & Operations Team. The candidate will mainly report to an on-site Line Manager and to the Space Applications Services Training & Operations Team Lead.
- Location: ESA ESEC Center in Redu, Belgium
Tasks and Responsibilities
In support to the ESA Education programme, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Engineering support to the ESA Academy Programme:
- Programme & engineering coordination for university education
- Support to engineering coordination for the CubeSat Summer School
- Support to ESA Education resources development, including but not limited to:
- Liaison with the experts and lecturers to establish objectives, requirements, format and schedules
- Monitoring of the development and review of the lectures, workshops, case studies and exercises
- Conduct condensed dry-runs
- Implementation of educational programmes for university students, including coordination of the call for applicants and applications selection, coordination and attendance to lectures, collection and analysis of feedback
- Set-up of educational initiatives promoting the use of ISS and other space facilities
- Increase of the awareness of the ESA space programmes and the space sector at large in the European education communities
- Outreach and promotion activities.
Skills and Experience
- A Master degree in Aerospace Engineering, Space Systems Engineering or equivalent
- At least 4 years of professional experience
- Proven experience in Project Management with the ability to effectively:
- Coordinate work contributions from several different parties
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders (ESA, the involved international partners, industry, academia and students)
- CubeSat (or SmallSat) engineering experience will be considered an asset
- A proactive approach, with initiative and the ability to work independently
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality
- Ability to work in distributed international teams
- Strength to cope with schedules and deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What Do We Offer
- Working within a growing company with Staff located in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands and in the USA-Houston via our subsidiary company, AANA
- A professional working environment with motivated Engineers and Scientists coming from all different horizons and countries with a shared passion for space
- A full-time position with an indefinite contract of employment
- A competitive remuneration package and good working conditions
- An individualised training and development programmes
- A full support related to the local relocation.
How To Apply
Send your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) to the attention of Mr. Olivier Lamborelle.
The candidate shall be eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card for two or more years.