The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
As an employee in the Civil Systems Group you will be part of an experienced team of scientists and engineers working together to advance the mission area of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (DNN). Specifically, you will be part of an Aerospace team supporting activities that include identification and transition of NNSA DNN R&D developed technologies to the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) located at Patrick Space Force Based Florida. Your work will be instrumental in creating an environment of transparency and collaboration between DNN R&D researchers and AFTAC operational users.
This is an on-site position at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Plan and implement enterprise and system level studies and analysis to support decision for nonproliferation detection R&D.
- Work with AFTAC portfolio managers and SMEs to identify and prioritize technical gaps in capabilities.
- Engage with Nuclear Explosion Monitoring community through conferences and program reviews to understand and evaluate the usefulness of current DNN R&D funded activities against the technical gaps.
- Work as a contributing member with the Aerospace team to develop approaches and processes that will result in institutionalizing transition processes from research to operations.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelors degree from in Physics, Engineering, or a related field of study.
- 8 or more years of dynamically responsible experience in R&D, systems analysis, and/or program management.
- Experience working with U.S. government agencies such as DOD and DOE/NNSA/DNN.
- Availability to travel domestically.
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
Sr. Project Engineer
- 12 or more years of progressively responsible experience in R&D, systems analysis and/or program management.
- Proven ability to identify solutions to multi-objective problems
- Same requirements as listed as above
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have two or more of the following:
- PhD degree from an accredited program in Physics, Engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated ability to work in large organizations to effect change
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and assess complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to make deliverables in time sensitive professional environments
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in applying Systems Engineering processes and tools to programs and products
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in DoD and IC Activity Based Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination
- Experience in applied research, working across a program lifecycle to mature technologies
- Experience working with DNN R&D and/or AFTAC researchers
- Currently hold or qualified for active SCI clearance
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.