SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.NDE LEVEL II INSPECTOR
A NDE Level II technician position at SpaceX sits within the quality control network supporting production as part of the NDE organization. The NDE function is organized within focused production area cells alongside the production activities utilizing multiple and varied inspection methods to efficiently provide quality control and protect product reliability.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate and report findings to production and engineering
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- Assist in training and developing others within the team
- Support research and development of system qualification and certification for critical processes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience as a level II non-destructive evaluation/testing inspector
- Must have at least 2 methods in these areas: NDE level II certification in line with ASNT TC-1A/NAS-410 guidance in radiography (RT), digital radiography (DR), dye penetrant (PT), Visual inspection (VT) or Certified Welding Inspector (CWI, SCWI), computed radiography (CR), phase array (PAUT), ultrasonic shear wave (UTSW), eddy current (ET), or magnetic particle (MT)
- Experience performing NDE testing within the aerospace industry
- Certified weld inspector status (CWI)
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Experience inspecting advanced materials such as high strength aluminum alloys, precipitation hardened steels, Inconel, titanium and maraging steel (super alloys)
- Knowledge of NASA 5009 standards
- Knowledge of AMS, AWS/ASME, ASTM, etc.
- Problem solving tools and techniques: practical problem solving (PPS), Eight Disciples (8D)
- Basic understanding of lean principles: 5S, kaizen, continuous improvement initiatives
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Willingness to work overtime and extended hours when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, and/or walk
NDE Level II Inspector/Grade 1: $23.00 - $31.00/hour
NDE Level II Inspector/Grade 2: $28.00 - $38.00/hour
NDE Level II Inspector/Grade 3: $33.00 - $44.75/hour
NDE Level II Inspector/Grade 4: $38.00 - $51.50/hour
NDE Level II Inspector/Grade 5: $43.00 - $58.25/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.ITAR REQUIREMENTS:
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.