SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.SOFTWARE ENGINEER, C++
Want to build the next era of the Internet? Want to write code that ships to thousands of satellites in space? Want to develop the infrastructure necessary to bring high speed broadband to every corner of the world?
The Starlink software team is solving challenges underpinning every aspect of SpaceX's satellite internet project, and we're looking for engineers to join us in building:
- Next generation networking technologies to direct data through an ever changing network of satellites, ground stations, and users.
- Firmware and controls software running on custom hardware that flies the world's largest fleet of spacecraft.
- Infrastructure and tools to enable rapid development and reliable deployment of our code to dynamic production environments.
Our software engineers are responsible for the complete lifecycle of the software they create, including development, testing, and support.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop highly reliable autonomous software systems
- Design and implement fault detection and mitigation in software
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Own all aspects of software development, including design, testing, and mission integration
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or STEM discipline; OR 2+ years of professional experience in software development in lieu of a degree
- Development experience in C/C++
- Strong software design and development skills
- Working knowledge of control theory
- Experience designing fault tolerant software
- Thorough knowledge of computer architecture and networks
- Knowledge of physics, math, and electronics
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends when needed
Software Engineer/Level I: $130,000.00 - $155,000.00/per year
Software Engineer/Level II: $150,000.00 - $180,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.ITAR REQUIREMENTS:
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.