In this role you will be part of a fast-paced dynamic team that covers everything from the receipt of incoming materials, routing of parts to their appropriate next procedural step, storing, cycle counting, kitting, transportation and delivery to their internal customer, and shipments to external suppliers and/or customers. You’ll be handling all types of raw and component materials necessary for the complex cutting-edge products manufactured and assembled at Sierra Space. This critical role is an integral to Integrated Supply Chain, receiving, prepping, and delivering materials for their use in manufacturing.
Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin, Durham, North Carolina, and Kennedy Space Center, Florida, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra SpaceMust-haves:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
What You’ll Do:
- Exposure to inventory databases
- Familiarity with Inventory and Supply Chain/Logistics principles and techniques
- Familiarity with AvPro or similar aviation maintenance tracking systems
- HazMat Training/Certification
- Ability to operate a Forklift
- Experience with shipping databases, such as FedEx, DHL, UPS
- Understanding of Shelf Life
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment
- Receive, sort, control, transfer, and issue material to various departments.
- Plan and coordinate usage of storage space.
- Load and unload material from vehicles.
- Operate hand carts, pallet jacks, forklifts.
- Consult and assist programs/departments on packaging requirements and scheduling for shipping arrangements (i.e., small parcel).
- Resolve material discrepancies with department management.
- Maintain required logs, records, and files in accordance with Sierra Space policies.
- Investigate discrepancies of material shortages and overages.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Sierra Space campuses and other possible non-Sierra Space locations may be required.IMPORTANT NOTICE:
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.