Make space missions sustainable! Develop the first ever collision avoidance and frequency coordination framework with the most modern technologies and tools the world has to offer for the OKAPI platform.
So far, sustainable spaceflight is performed as externality: Mission plans are derived accounting for payload operations, ground station contacts, loading cycles etc. Interference with third party objects, like space debris, but also other operational satellite are taken as external factor which interrupt the plan of operations and service delivery.
Depending on your profile, we will find the right mission for you that will launch you to your next job at our company!
Your Tasks And Responsibilities
- creation and development of unit tests in a big software project
- Documentation of source codes
- interaction with developers
- independent working style
- analytical thinking
- English intermediate / B2
Nice to have:
- programming experience in Fortran or Java
- degree in aerospace studies or similar
- With a flat hierarchy and small working groups, you define your own way of work including flexible work hours
- on-site in Braunschweig
- Perks such as free drinks in the office, and monthly all-company lunches
- Of course, we also do regular afterwork activities like laser tag, dinner, or having the occasional beer
OKAPI:Orbits is an innovative German SaaS startup since 2018 dedicated to making space travel more sustainable through Collision Avoidance Software for satellites pioneering space traffic management in Europe and world-wide. The OKAPI:Orbits team envisions a safe and sustainable space environment, truly accessible to everyone. We are laser-focused on creating innovative and efficient products to enable safe and secure satellite operations and seamless ground segment integration. As experts in Space Situational Awareness (SSA) and Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST), we offer platform services based on standardized interfaces with a wide range of flexible modules to meet the specific needs of our customers.