Primary role purpose:
As a Technical Service Consultant, you’re the provider of great customer experience. You will build rapport by interacting with customers via email and telephone, providing solutions that not only meet expectations but shatter them.
Our customers can be anything from our end users to distribution partners, i.e. it could be a fisherman on a boat in the Atlantic, or a ship approached by pirates outside Somalia. No 2 days are the same and that is what makes the job so unique and interesting. Please note that we are not a call centre and we do not wear headsets.
- Call handling and logging customer queries for all products on Inmarsat’s vast portfolio
- Ensure that all enquiries and complaints relating to Inmarsat are dealt with efficiently
- Allocation of cases to other agents in the team, taking into account their level of experience
- Flagging up P1s to the CS Manager for immediate action
- Responsible for arranging Team Lunches for the day to ensure sufficient cover throughout
- Notifying the secondary dispatcher when assistance is needed with the email queues
- Being primarily responsible for ensuring that all email enquiries are managed within the agreed SLAs
- Collating from team members the list of urgent cases that need to be handed over to the next shift, in the end of the working day
- Qualifying cases throughout the day and determining which cases need to be handed over / allocated to the next shift, notifying the respective site manager
- Managing the handover that has been passed on from the previous shift
- Any other business as required by your line manager
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional telephone manner
- Tele communications background
- To be able to communicate effectively at all levels with a good grasp of the English written language
- Able to operate within a multilingual customer base
- Ability to assimilate information and respond accordingly
- PC literate
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- IP data and circuit switched data/voice connectivity, ideally within the satellite communications or telecommunications sector
- Mobile communications technologies such as Satellite Communications, Cellular Telephony, GSM, GPRS, 3G, UMTS
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heartof everything we do
As an employer, we believe in facilitating a flexible working environment where possible while taking into consideration the operational requirements of an employee’s position and work unit.
Inmarsat warmly welcomes applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, age, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. Please let the Resourcing Team know if there are any ways in which we can support you in the hiring process.