El Segundo, CA
$85,000 - $150,000 / year
Gathering useful data during propulsion testing is integral to developing premier on-orbit engines. As a Test & DAQ Engineer
, you'll have the opportunity to design & build innovative systems, sometimes from scratch, that will enable rapid engine testing and capturing the data that goes with it.
Our engineers are responsible for the life-cycle of their products; development, build, testing, and operations.
- Design, develop and build test platforms for engine testing
- Develop code that enables test execution across multiple environments: hardware-in-the-loop (HITL, HIL) and virtualized hardware simulations
- Invent tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, test execution, and data analysis as part of a continuous integration and release system
- Analyze test results and identify bugs that require in-depth investigations with engineers across the organization
- Work closely with hardware & software engineers to provide a reliable, fast, accurate and easy-to-use integrated test platform
- Hands-on integration and troubleshooting of propulsion test stands
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or STEM discipline; or 2+ years of professional experience in test systems, software or hardware development in lieu of a degree.
- Development experience in Python, LabView, NI Test Stand or NI Veristand
Preferred Skills And Experience
- Experience building, testing, or working with hardware test setups
- Developed and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects
- Data analysis skillset and experience with simulation software
- Strong skills in troubleshooting, debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing
- Experience with continuous integration and monitoring
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a dynamic environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Impulse Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Impulse Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.