Iridium is an award-winning and innovative satellite communications company with bragging rights to the only network that offers voice and data connectivity anywhere in the world. For over 20 years, Iridium’s unique network and services have supported critical communications needs for individuals, businesses, and the evolving Internet of Things.
At Iridium, we understand the importance of staying connected and the limitations of traditional communications networks. People across the globe, including first responders, humanitarians, global militaries, scientific researchers, and lone workers, as well as ships, aircraft and remote operations all rely on Iridium to stay connected. We take our responsibility for providing these essential communications very seriously and pride ourselves on offering a reliable lifeline when needed. Likewise, Iridium is committed to providing an exciting and innovative workplace, where employees are challenged to think outside the box and collaborate on new, bold ideas and solutions. Our talented teams are passionate about their work and the impact our company makes around the world. Iridium fosters an empowering and inclusive culture that allows employees to genuinely be their best selves. We are looking for others who want to join this truly unique company that celebrates our employees and provides the opportunity to truly make a difference in the world.
What We’re Looking For
Iridium is seeking a Senior Master Scheduler to support the program manager in communicating program plan and status. Working in this role, you’ll be responsible for providing guidance to the program manager and team members regarding all aspects of program schedules. You’ll thrive in this role if you consistently deliver high quality work, anticipate program needs, and independently drive projects to completion.
What You’ll Do
- Develop the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP), and the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Lead cross functional team members in the definition of project tasks, establish task durations, define relationships, impose constraints, collect weekly status
- Perform DCMA 14-point assessment, critical path analysis, and Monte Carlo schedule risk assessment
- Design and implement WBS coding structures and IMP/ IMS coding structure
- Define methodology and approach for implementing giver/receivers
- Develop tier-one schedule (one pager), tier-two schedules, and master schedule from a single database using Microsoft Project
- Develop process, procedures, and strategy for implementing scheduling best practices
- Provide on-the-job training and mentorship to more junior team members
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical major or related field
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably within the Aerospace or Telecommunications fields
- Expertise using Microsoft Project and add-on software such as OnePager Pro and audit software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey products, deliverables, analyses, and/or issues to groups outside of your team or those who are unfamiliar with the topic
- Have confidence and be able to easily build relationships with leadership and colleagues outside of your team
- Possess an analytical mindset, with the ability to understand a situation or problem and think critically to make decisions and come up with out-of-the-box solutions
- Be proactive in providing feedback and be enthusiastic in sharing your knowledge with others
- Capable of prioritizing your own tasks and potentially the tasks of others while making sure deadlines are met
- Dependability and trustworthiness with sensitive information
Things That Would be Great if You Brought to the Table
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification
We’ll also need you to
This position primarily works in the company office or in a home office. The position is largely sedentary with the majority of the position sitting in a chair and working with a computer. The role uses basic office equipment including a phone, video, computer, keyboard, mouse and printer. For meetings in-person, this position will need to be able stand, walk within the office and climb stairs on occasion.