About Capella Space
Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll workin a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About the Role
Capella Space is looking for an experienced software engineer to work with our radar team to develop embedded software for our spaceborne radar systems. We're looking for somebody who has familiarity with the challenges and constraints of software that will run on hardware in a hard real-time, high-reliability environment. This role will require close collaboration with the spacecraft software engineering team to define interfaces between the radar and the spacecraft.
In addition, all radar team members support multiple phases of the development process from design through spacecraft decommissioning, so although the role is software-focused, we're looking for somebody who will be willing to be involved with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to hardware bring-up and testing and spacecraft commissioning. In addition, we're looking for somebody that is willing to be part of the design process, suggest implementations to meet requirements, and to mentor junior engineers.
- Strong ability to develop a design through all software lifecycles including initial part selection and architectural tradeoffs, preliminary and detailed design, implementation, integration, and test.
- Past project leadership and mentoring experience.
- Experience working with embedded systems - both hardware and software, including low-level drivers.
- Hands on experience developing, testing, and debugging hard real-time software.
- Strong knowledge of programming compiled (C, C++) and scripted (Python, shell script, etc.) languages.
- Experience writing software for microcontrollers and other embedded systems, e.g., Xilinx Zynq SoCs.
- Familiarity with software configuration management.
- Hand-on experience with lab equipment and electronics hardware, e.g., oscilloscopes, logic analyzers.
- Experience writing board support packages (BSPs).
- Familiarity with embedded Linux, Linux kernel modules, and standard Linux tools.
In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Spending
- Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FSA and HSA
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible PTO
- Gourmet-style, Daily Lunch
- Capella Community Events
- Equity Commuter and Parking benefits
- Parental Leave
- Dog-friendly Work Environment (SF)
- Cell and Internet Monthly Stipend
All team members at Capella Space must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the safety our community.
The definition of fully vaccinated is subject to change (may include boosters).
Accommodation requests based on medical or religious reasons will be reviewed on a case by case basis.