Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We're leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of earth observation radar satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you'll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we're looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger. We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
About The Role
The Finance team at Capella is expanding to support the rapid growth of the company. We are looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded problem solver to manage FP&A for our Engineering groups, including R&D and satellite manufacturing. The ideal candidate will be relentless in understanding the "why" behind financial information and diligent about tracking down root causes of anomalies. They will also be an Excel whiz and adept at collecting and processing data into actionable information.Responsibilities
- Collect and provide analysis of financial data at month-end close; arrange and present budget variance data for Engineering groups.
- Drive annual budgeting and quarterly forecast processes for Engineering, including inventory and capex planning and analysis.
- Evaluate make vs. buy decisions for key manufacturing components.
- Support long and short-term scenario planning.
- Drive process improvements and implementation of tools and systems to streamline and improve FP&A functions.
- Prepare and analyze ad hoc reporting requests as required.
- Assist in preparing financial reporting packages for executives and the Board.
In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in FP&A. Experience in scaling medium-size start-ups a plus.
- Experience working with R&D and manufacturing groups.
- Advanced Excel skills and familiarity with PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Workday Adaptive a plus.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Intellectually curious - aptitude for digging into details and investigating anomalies.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Experience working with non-finance departments.
- Self-starter and able to work in a startup/small team environment.
- CFA or MBA a plus.
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment (SF)
All team members at Capella Space must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the safety our community.
The definition of fully vaccinated is subject to change (may include boosters).
Accommodation requests based on medical or religious reasons will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.