Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We're leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you'll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we're looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!About The Role
As Capella Space Manager of U.S. Government Affairs and Policy, you will support the development and advancement of Capella's policy and advocacy goals. Reporting to the Director of Government Affairs and Policy, you will work together to advance Capella's legislative, regulatory and policy priorities. You will identify opportunities and actively engage with relevant members of Congress, Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community, analyze policy, budget and legislative developments and brief congressional staff.
In this role, you will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across Congress, OSD, the IC and Capella's partner ecosystem, as well as work collaboratively with Capella leadership to coordinate relevant research and legislative responses in a timely manner. You will ensure that our insights and research are shared with elected officials, policy stakeholders and staff.Primary Responsibilities
- Support the development and advancement of Capella's policy and advocacy goals on Capitol Hill and pertinent policy and regulatory organizations to include but not limited to OSD Policy, USDI, OMB, DNI, NRO and NGA
- Identify opportunities and actively engage with relevant members of Congress, analyze policy, budget and legislative developments across all relevant Congressional Committees and brief congressional staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across Capella's partner ecosystem, as well as work collaboratively to coordinate relevant research and legislative responses in a timely manner
- Ensure our insights and research are shared with elected officials and regulatory agencies
- Advocate with the U.S. Congress and regulatory agencies to advance Capella's legislative and regulatory priorities
- Build and maintain relationships with pertinent policy stakeholders across government, private sector and other partners, and in the broader commercial remote sensing ecosystem
- Identify opportunities for Capella to engage with lawmakers and staff to promote the development of effective commercial remote sensing policy
- Conduct briefings with congressional staff and consistent outreach to policymakers in both the House and Senate, OSD and the IC
- Develop close contacts with key staff of the 10 relevant committees of jurisdiction
- Monitor, interpret, and analyze policy developments as well as emerging topics of interest to stakeholders, to develop Capella's capacity to assess issues in order to proactively take positions on pertinent issues and topics
- Collaborate closely with policy researchers to develop outputs that educate and inform policy-making audiences, partners, and other stakeholders
- Coordinate response by Capella to external stakeholders on policy matters, including those made by government entities
- Knowledge of legislative process and significant experience on Capitol Hill, the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting legislative, budget and regulatory language
- Demonstrated ability to work across sectors and develop cross-sector collaborations
- Track record of developing and growing relationships with stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds and points of view
- Relationship and consensus-building skills, including experience working with coalitions; comfort working with both experts and novices; strong listening skills
- Ability to quickly and accurately distill information to support a broader position
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to develop, design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage the organization's operations remotely.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, investors, Congressional Staff, military General Officers, and elected representatives.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance and react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and excellent judgment is essential.
- Thrive in an intense, do-it-yourself, start-up environment.
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment (SF)