Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We're leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you'll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we're looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger. We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!Responsibilities
- Process regular payroll for the organization (standard and off-cycle)
- Manage and Approve timecards
- Execute calculations for pro-ration, gross-ups, other compensation, etc
- Complete regular internal audits, and support external audit requests
- Manage new tax registrations and rate information
- Tracking and Management for multi-state employee payroll
- Work cross-functionally with the People Team to manage employee and payroll related matters
- Process month-end close reconciliations, as related to compensation and/or payroll taxes
- Help to maintain and enforce company policies and procedures
- Assist with identifying risks and opportunities, implementing controls and best practices for optimization, and maintaining proper process documentation
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business Administration
- 2 to 4 years of experience as part of the accounting team for a startup/technology centric company
- Experience with a payroll system such as Namely (preferred), Gusto, ADP, etc
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and awareness of GAAP
- Experience working closely with Human Resources and People teams
- Strong excel and communication skills with attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to help build processes from scratch and challenge the team/organization
- Desire to succeed and adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- An approachable demeanor that inspires trust and confidence
Salary Range: $67,000-89,000
Salary is dependent upon qualifications and is paired with comprehensive benefits package.In addition to an opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Health Care, Dependent Care FSAs
- Commuter/Parking Flex Spending
- Flexible vacation policy
- In-office lunch program
- Dog friendly work environment (SF)
All team members at Capella Space must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to help ensure the safety our community.
The definition of fully vaccinated is subject to change (may include boosters).
Accommodation requests based on medical or religious reasons will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.