The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Procurement Systems Staff position leads the development of next-generation procurement business systems applications and processes, advises on recommendations for systems enhancements, and creates development of systems roadmaps for the future of the Procurement Organization. Analyzes and translates business metrics, customer requirements, and technical requirements, into an architectural blueprint of solutions to achieve business objectives. Collaborates between the Procurement Team and IT service areas for optimal service delivery to Aerospace.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designs and advises on enhancements, processes, and procedures of the procurement systems portfolio
- Provide analysis of tracking, reporting, and usage analytics throughout the procurement life cycle
- Assesses and communicates project status health to stakeholders and project teams members
- Communicates and documents key project decisions and milestones; ensures key stakeholder are advised and informed for timely, actionable decision-making
- Functions as the Procurement Team liaison on ERP implementations and enhancements
- Cross-functionally supports the optimization of system resources and system configurations in collaboration with the IT organization
- Advises the Buyer community and end-users with systems processes and functionality
- Identify gaps in process and KPIs, and recommend appropriate corrective actions
- Prepares detailed specifications and other documentation required from which vendor systems and capabilities are procured or configured
- Provides advice and council to Purchasing Card administrator on management of program
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Staff IV - 10 to 14 years of relevant experience
- Staff III – 6 to 9 years of relevant experience
- Procurement specific experience
- SAP experience
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- Experience with generating Tableau visualizations
- Procurement experience in a research & development environment
- Experience with agile methodology and sprints desirable
- Knowledge of Ariba
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$85,000 - $110,000 - $140,000
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.