One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.Job Responsibilities
Enhancing communication all around the globe… Our customers range from Commercial to Government making us complex, yet flexible in meeting the world’s communication needs. Each group at ViaSat contributes to the launch of every satellite, how exciting is that?
ViaSat is looking for a full-time onsite source inspector to primarily support a facility in Phoenix, AZ. In this position, you will have the flexibility to work on an on-call as-needed basis. ViaSat's Quality Assurance Department requires inspection and auditing/surveillance services to monitor manufacturing and quality processes at our various contract manufacturers (CM) and to approve manufactured items completed and presented for ViaSat buyoff, including end unit box builds.
As a Quality Control Inspector, you will compare the products with released engineering drawings, purchase orders, and other contractual requirements as specified by operations. As you take direction from ViaSat’s quality assurance department, you will interface with designated points of contact at 3rd party contract manufacturers and suppliers. You will check for quality workmanship according to published manufacturing standards. You will provide documentation reviews for each shipment and also perform reviews of AS9102 First Article Reports prepared by the Contract Manufacturer. We will rely on you to suggest ways in which the quality of products could be improved and provide written reports of Source Inspection results to management. In addition, you may conduct quality audits and will also initiate and address corrective and preventive actions when non-conformances are noted in ViaSat products or the processes used to produce ViaSat products.Requirements
- 2-4 years of Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment
- Inspection of mechanical or electro-mechanical assemblies
- Prior working experience with GD&T.
- Working knowledge of ANSI.Y.14.5
- Knowledge of QA process with non-conforming material and MRB
- Corrective and preventative actions initiation
- Ability to read/interpret engineering drawings
- Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Up to 20% domestic travel.
- Ability to work overtime, and with minimal supervision
- Must be familiar with BOMs, Drawings, and other specifications
- Verify that manufactured parts and assemblies conform to specifications
- Ability to assess and communicate clearly about Fit and Function vs. conformance to specifications, Visual acceptance of cosmetic defects, Acceptability to a standard
- Complete First Article inspection as required
- Finalizes Quality reporting in Oracle, data collection
- IPC Certification or ability to obtain certification
- Reviews Purchase Order for Quality Provisions/Requirements including Supplier CofC and Reach/ROHS requirements
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills to include business-level proficiency in English
- Other metrology skills (i.e., CMM, optical comparator, spectrophotometer), ISO training-CAD training other ASQ certifications are a plus
- U.S. Citizenship required
- ASQ certifications are a plus
- FAA or Aerospace industry experience is a plus
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!