One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Viasat is looking for a Marketing Project Manager to join our Corporate Marketing team. This role will manage creative projects from conception to completion and facilitate marketing requests for multiple stakeholders throughout the organization. The ideal candidate has superior project management skills and is accustomed to effectively managing a wide range of projects simultaneously with a passion for the creative process.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing Operations and works closely with all Marketing and Creative teams. This role has the ability to understand the big picture, work independently, and a bias toward action. This role is proactive, meets and exceeds direct and indirect objectives, has clear and accurate communication with internal and external teams, and demonstrates aggressive follow-up. Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Establish a partnership with Marketing and Creative leads to ensure creative deliverables are strategic and effective; understand business objectives and project priorities
- Manage multiple creative projects autonomously and concurrently, from concept to completion
- Create project plans, ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, within scope, and with a focus on quality and excellence
- Clearly communicate roles, responsibilities, and process to team members and stakeholders
- Problem solve, remove roadblocks, and suggest alternative solutions as needed due to timeline or budget constraints
- Manage scope change discussions and resolution; collaborate with the project team to reach a viable solution and document changes
- Utilize project management tool to actively track project status and details; Ensure team expectations are managed appropriately through weekly status reports and regular meetings
- Represent creative team in various meetings to gather information & vet out potential opportunities & involvement
- Collaborate with vendors, suppliers, partners, and third-party subcontractors
- Partner with Marketing Operations to improve and streamline processes and workflows; document best practices and standard operating procedures
- Utilize Waterfall and Agile Project Management methodologies and tools to expedite delivery of high-quality assets
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related field.
- 5+ years experience in Project/Operations Management in a Creative or Marketing department.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- A creative problem-solver who will collaborate, inspire, and lead the coordination of tasks through various stages of technical discovery, creative development, and production
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence people and processes to meet deadlines and inform stakeholders of progress
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities, juggle multiple projects, requests, and deadlines
- Ability to teach and influence others to adopt project management system utilization
- Use analytical skills to generate reports and update dashboards
- Ability to facilitate meetings in a positive way and comfortable with handling tough conversations around project scope, timelines, budget, etc.
- Values quality, innovation, customer service, and teamwork
- Experience with Workfront, Monday.com or similar project management tool, Project Management methodologies, and tools including Agile (Kanban/Scrum/hybrid).
- Proven proofreading/editing experience
- Experience in digital asset management tools, such as Widen or Adobe Experience Manager Assets
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!