Long Beach, CABonus
Full-TimeWho We Are
At Virgin Orbit, we are launching the small satellite revolution, enabling missions that were previously unimaginable. We are delivering Virgin’s legendary customer experience by combining advanced technology with a diligent, hard-working team. We have built a workplace and a workforce of the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today are launching the industries of tomorrow. We have engaged a diverse and inclusive community of doers and dreamers alike, empowering all those working today to build satellites and constellations that will change the world.
At Virgin Orbit, we are opening space for good. Search all of our job openings on our career portal .
Accounts Payable Specialist
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as an Accounts Payable Specialist.
If you join us in this position, you will assist our Accounting and Finance team with high volume invoice processing, clearing invoice to PO discrepancies and analysis of billing workflows and processes. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills.
This is a Full-time Contract
position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California.
What You Bring
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices
- Ensure proper coding of invoices prior to entry into the accounting system
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Meet all month end deadlines for reporting and accruals
- Maintain vendor files and tax information to ensure that we follow IRS guidelines for year-end 1099’s
- Effectively interact with and respond to vendor inquiries
- Help Virgin Orbit do our part to make the world a better place
- Constantly learn new things—and share them with your team members
- Perform other duties assigned
If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
- High School diploma or GED, minimum of four (4) years of accounting operations experience in a corporate manufacturing environment; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, pivot tables, data analysis and formulas.
- Solid analytical skills, data analysis, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and confident in dealing with people at all organizational levels.
- Deliver a high volume of transaction work with accuracy and timeliness, 50 invoices per day.
- Experience with SAP Concur Expense Reporting.
- Oracle R12 or similar ERP system experience.
- Must be a U.S. person as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR
- Must be able to work varying hours/shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends, if needed.
- Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space.
- Ability and desire to perform in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement, inter-team communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to provide proof of US-approved Covid-19 full vaccination status, unless otherwise exempted by an approved reasonable medical or religious accommodation from Virgin Orbit.
- Ability to thrive as a "one person team"
- Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
- Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
$22.50 - $32.00 Total Rewards at Virgin Orbit
At Virgin Orbit, we are STRAIGHT UP, which means we encourage honest and transparent communication. Our goal is to help you interpret the pay range you see and understand that compensation is much more than simply base pay. Individual compensation packages are based on candidate-unique attributes, including, but not limited to, skills, experience, qualifications, and other job-related factors. Cash compensation is only part of the total reward package, and the range reflects a strong market-based salary. Some jobs may also be eligible for bonus, overtime pay, weekend work compensation and differentials. In addition to cash compensation, all Virgin Orbit teammates are eligible for equity which includes stock options and/or RSUs (Restricted Stock Units) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).At Virgin Orbit We Offer Some Of The Best Around
At Virgin Orbit, you work alongside some of the best and brightest, on the coolest premier dedicated small satellite launch service. We also know that benefits and belonging are an important piece of your total rewards package.
- Robust time off with holiday shut down between Christmas and New Year
- Better than market 401k including a Safe Harbor plan
- Superior health and welfare benefits offering an average 90% of benefits premiums paid, including some plans with zero employee contributions
- Financial wellness through Northstar which includes your personal financial advisor
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- A variety of optional benefits such as pet insurance and discounts, and remote and/or hybrid opportunity for some positions
- Health Reimbursement program providing up to $3,000 max per year for eligible teammates
- Employee Resource Groups, Virgin cultural gatherings and success celebrations, professional growth opportunities, and more!
At Virgin Orbit, pay and total rewards is about offering competitive programs for any stage of your life and career. We constantly look for opportunities to enhance our programs and reward our teammates and we update our benefits offerings regularly.Other Requirements
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. Stay in touch with the latest news and updates from Virgin Orbit by following us on:
YouTube Twitter Instagram Facebook LinkedIn
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.