SpaceX was founded on the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE ANALYST
- Assist with formation of international corporate subsidiaries
- Draft and coordinate execution of subsidiary documents including formation documents, board consents, resolutions, meeting minutes, and managing the signing, notarizing, apostille and legalization of such documents (as necessary)
- Interface with overseas law firms, banks, notaries and other service providers and assist in compliance with their know your customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) requirements
- Maintain corporate books and records for the complete international portfolio
- Manage and track annual compliance obligations for foreign subsidiaries and coordinate filings
- Support negotiation and management of Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Other legal matter support including litigation, contract management, and general legal and corporate support
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience working as a paralegal or legal analyst in a law firm or in-house legal, corporate secretary and/or corporate finance department
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Paralegal certificate
- Ability to identify and resolve or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Experience working for a private company
- Experience forming and maintaining international entities
- General understanding of apostille and legalization processes
- Experience communicating with and managing external service providers and outside counsel
- Ability to handle numerous competing demands and changing priorities in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Word, Excel, Power Point and Sharepoint
- Notary Public
Legal and Compliance Analyst/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Legal and Compliance Analyst/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.ITAR REQUIREMENTS:
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.