The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Office of the Corporate Secretary (OCS) Manager functions as the assistant corporate secretary to The Aerospace Corporation and the Board of Trustees. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary and helps supervise a team that manages the logistics and administrative needs associated with the Board of Trustees and its meetings. keeps official corporate records and executes administrative policies as determined by, or in conjunction with, other off This position is responsible for maintaining The Aerospace Corporation’s corporate governance documents and related systems and for implementing best practices in board governance.
Hybrid - El Segundo, CA
What You’ll Be Doing
- Facilitates, coordinates and conducts the orientation of new board members.
- Advises the Board on governance best practices for non-profit entities to include making recommendations for changes regarding the procedures, bylaws, and ethics documents.
- Responsible for keeping Trustees current on corporate governance trends and issues.
- Acts as a point of contact and source of Board-related advice and guidance for executive management.
- Schedules and coordinates conferences for members of the Board of Trustees.
- Coordinates and schedules Board of Trustees meetings; prepares and oversees distribution of notices, minutes and resolutions pertaining to trustees’ and directors’ meetings.
- Organizes and safeguards confidential executive files and records.
- Prepares charts for briefings and presentations.
- Acts as custodian of corporate documents and records; directs activities involved in preserving historical documents relating to Board of Trustees meetings and decision.
- Manages a team of direct reports
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with compliance and governance requirements
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- In-depth knowledge of the Corporation’s structure and culture
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of customers and corporate staff
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Strong written and oral communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$118,000 - $141,000 - $165,000
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.