Are you looking to use your expert leadership and quality skills in an industry that supports and protects explorers and heroes? We could use your expertise on our team! As a Sr Quality Manager, you'll develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product while ensuring efficient conformance to industry standards and compliance to regulatory requirements. You'll be using your skills and expertise to devise and implement methods and procedures for auditing and evaluating the accuracy of our processes, products and systems. You'll ensure that corrective measures and deviation meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. Your responsibilities will include the strategic development of all quality systems and protocols necessary to ensure efficient conformance and compliance.
To improve the Cost of Poor Quality at suppliers, the senior leader for the Supplier Quality organization will be responsible to develop processes to support Supply Chain organization to flow-down Zero-Defect strategy to critical and low performing suppliers. The Supplier Quality Organization will collaborate with the Supply Chain organization to Scrub and reduce the number of suppliers on the Approval Supplier list. The manager will also work with the SCM department to establish the Procurement Review Board (PRB). The PRB will oversee and approve suppliers deemed critical to the program.
The supplier quality organization shall establish processes to ensure immediate feedback to suppliers when a non-conforming product is received by Sierra Space and will ensure an effective corrective action is established at the supplier. The Supplier Quality organization will always maintain scorecard for each supplier.
Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin, Durham, North Carolina, and Kennedy Space Center, Florida, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra SpaceResponsibilities:
- Ensure accurate flow down to suppliers
- Team with Supply Chain Organization to establish Procurement Review Board
- Timely issue and closure of Corrective Actions at suppliers
- Provide resources for conducting First Article Inspection and In Process inspections at Suppliers
- Identify and provide assistance to improve Quality at the Suppliers
- Maintain the list of suppliers on Approved Vendor List
- Maintain Scorecard for all suppliers
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study,
- Higher education may substitute for relevant experience
- Relevant work experience may substitute for required education
- Typically, 6-8 years of relevant experience
- Direct Aviation/Aerospace operations experience
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001/AS9100 and CMMI standards
- Extensive experience in an electronic/mechanical systems environment
- Prior experience in management
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Attainment of Six Sigma Black Belt
- Certified Manager of Quality / Organizational Excellence
- Certified Quality Improvement Associate
- Certified Quality Auditor
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $138,634.92 - $190,623.01
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.