Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.Job Summary
As a Spacecraft Structures Engineer, you will be responsible for mechanical and structural elements of our satellites. Your designs and analyses will ensure that our space vehicles survive their complete development and operational lifecycles, including test, transport, launch, initialization, and long-term operations.
This position's internal job code is Structural Analysis Engineer . Our team is currently hiring for Level 3.Job Responsibilities
- Lead, direct, and manage proposal, project, and/or program teams
- Lead and manage systemic and detailed technical solution development
- Technical direction, oversight, and review for team activities
- Prepare and update project plans and status reports
- Execute proposal, project, and/or program activities
- Allocate resources to ensure projects are completed within schedule and budget
- Regularly track projects, manage project risks and impact of changes, provide mitigation plans, proactively manage escalation of issues to appropriate stakeholders, and manage mission creep
- Actively manage and report cost, schedule, risk and performance status
- Manage changes to project scope, cost and schedule of work
- Review project team deliverables to ensure quality and adherence to internal and customer standards
- Develop strong relationships with customers to understand their needs, to anticipate obstacles to success, and to advocate internally on their behalf
- Participate in corporate business development activities
- Bachelor’s degree in structural, mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Ability to perform static and dynamic analyses on structures and mechanisms using FEM and other tools.
- Ability to design, develop, analyze, implement, test, and operate structural, and mechanical systems for spacecraft.
- 3 years’ experience with NASTRAN
- 3 years’ experience with spacecraft or aircraft structures design
- 3 years’ experience with SolidWorks
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only of what is reasonably expected to be paid for the position. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.Summary Pay-Range
Level 3: $102,000 - $150,000Benefits And Perks
Millennium Space Systems offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance to Southern California can be provided.Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria