Your role in helping us shape the future:
You should have a passion for excellence. You will enjoy identifying customer needs, then designing technical and operational solutions to meet and exceed those needs. You will apply system level communication engineering expertise to provide pre-sales technical consultancy to existing and prospective customers to add value and drive revenue.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you up to the challenge?
- You are pro in anticipating and uncovering customer challenges, then you solve them by applying engineering skills and delivering on-point solutions to delight the customer.
- You perform communication system design (satellite and terrestrial) and feasibility analysis to develop value solutions that intersect customer needs and Intelsat strategies.
- You will closely assist Sales to identify customer needs and drivers both technically and financially and collaborate with Sales through customer assessments, proposal development and the delivery of effective communications.
- You have a strong experience in developing and maintaining trusting and collaborative technical customer relationships, both internally and externally.
- You love to continuously seek to educate and train others on Intelsat products, tools, and operations.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering
- At least 3-years of recent, relevant experience including:
- at least 1-year of experience in mobile network segment and/or broadcasting and/or telecoms.
- experience in capacity management and/or systems engineering and/or other pre-sales engineering functions.
- experience in managing accounts in EMENA;
- Effective English language communication skills, both verbal and written; including the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability to interact effectively with people of various cultural backgrounds.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook), ServiceNOW, Jira and Confluence
- Knowledge of and ability to create accurate link budget analyses using SatMaster, iNTP or any other tools.
- Knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory, digital satellite network architectures, IP networking. Plus at least basic level knowledge of VSAT networks and platforms as well as TCP/IP protocol suite and network protocols (unicast/multicast, VoIP, IPsec, QoS).
- Knowledge of wireless technologies including Wi-Fi and cellular networks (LTE, HSPA+, WCDMA, GSM will be considered as a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel the continent up to 20% of the time to meet business needs.
- Ability to occasionally work additional hours as needed to meet business demands.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the telecoms landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth.
- Awesome benefits, tuition reimbursement, and training.
- Hybrid work policy, enabling up to two days per week of remote work.
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture.
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, Intelsat applies our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as: satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.
Intelsat is subject to regulation by certain U.S. Government national security agencies, which require that we collect and share certain Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) with the U.S. Government to obtain permission to employ non-U.S. persons in certain roles. If selected for a role at Intelsat, we may collect and share your PII for these purposes.
Intelsat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled