ABOUT FIREFLY AEROSPACE
Firefly Aerospace Inc. is an American end-to-end space transportation company committed to providing economical and convenient access to space for small payloads through the design, manufacture, and operation of reliable launch and spacecraft vehicles. Firefly’s launch vehicles utilize common technologies, manufacturing infrastructure, and launch capabilities, providing LEO launch solutions for up to ten metric tons of payload. Combined with Firefly’s in-space vehicles, such as the Space Utility Vehicle (SUV) and Blue Ghost Lunar Lander, Firefly provides the space industry with a single source for missions from LEO to the surface of the Moon or beyond. Firefly is headquartered in Cedar Park, TX.
The Firefly Quality Inspector reports to the Quality Manager and is responsible to for inspection on vehicle avionics harnesses, boxes and assemblies. Also responsible for in-process assemblies and completed flight, qualification, test, support hardware, software, and related detailed components.
- Responsible for First Article Inspection of parts and assemblies to Drawing and Specification as per AS9102
- Assist in the development of inspection plans and quality control points within the manufacturing process
- Aid in the creation of standard work instructions for detail inspections
- Evaluate products for acceptance criteria and initiate rejection process where required
- Perform work safely with heavy parts using a variety of inspection tools
- Apply 5S workplace organization & follow the Lean initiatives
- Perform training on inspection techniques and requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- College Diploma, or equivalent, in a related technical discipline and 3-5 years inspection experience ideally with composite structures, complex machined components, special processes, component assembly and/or MRB
- OR High School Diploma and 6-10 years inspection experience
- Experience with standards and/or equivalent quality, military, or government standards in the Aerospace industry
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret, and adhere to drawings, specifications, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), and related quality control documentation and standards
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
- Excellent organization skills. Willingness to work with a team, share expertise, and follow instructions to accomplish established goals
- Standard computer skills, knowledge of CAD would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
- ASQ CQT
- IPC 610/620 Certification
- Familiarity with AS9100
- Familiarity with ‘Newspace’ start up environments
Firefly offers outstanding benefits for our employees, including generous health, dental and vision plans with low plan deductibles, parental leave, educational reimbursement, short term disability, pet Insurance, and flexible PTO options.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Firefly Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Firefly is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.