BlackSky is a geospatial intelligence solutions provider that enables organizations to task, collect, and transform data from earth observation, global sensor networks, mobile devices, and social media to deliver on-demand insights about places, events, and assets that are critical to their operations. Blacksky provides satellite collection, data, and cloud based -processing and analytic solutions to organizations that are capitalizing on the exponential growth of a wide range of sensor and collection platforms for delivering the next generation of GEOINT and location intelligence solutions. BlackSky has extensive expertise and capabilities in commercial remote sensing, multi-source analytics, cloud computing, open-source software development, Amazon Web Services, and big data geospatial analytics. BlackSky provides solutions to commercial and government organizations with relevant programs with the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), US. Army, and U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
The BlackSky Innovative Solutions Group leverages BlackSky’s global sensor network, advanced artificial intelligence platform, and third-party data sources to develop high-impact data feeds for commercial and government customers.
BlackSky is looking for a creative and responsive Imagery/GIS Analyst to support internal or customer-facing pilots from conception to completion. As part of the Innovative Solutions Group, you will be instrumental in shaping BlackSky’s future capabilities and products, and will work closely across multiple internal teams and with external customers/consumers. This position reports to our Director of Geospatial Analytics and while the locations listed in the job posting are ideal, we would love candidates near either our Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA offices. We may also consider remote candidates in certain states.
- Develop and maintain plans for imagery/analytics acquisition to support a variety of use cases.
- Design products and graphics using BlackSky imagery/analytics, as well as other data sources when applicable.
- Take part in the entire pilot and project lifecycle from developing requirements, to soliciting customer feedback, to solution deployment and management.
- Share knowledge and techniques with teammates.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated research and communication skills.
- Minimum of two years of hands-on experience working with GIS data and/or satellite imagery.
- Facility with imagery and GIS tools including but not limited to ESRI software, SOCET GXP, and QGIS.
- Some experience scripting to manipulate data and compute metrics in a language such as python.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant field (or equivalent experience in a related role).
- Some experience with imagery-derived analytics.
- Facility with graphic design or post-processing/production software such as Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
Life at BlackSky for full-time benefits eligible employees includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, group term life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- BlackSky pays 100% of employee-only premiums for medical, dental and vision and contributes $100/month for out-of-pocket expenses!
- 15 days of PTO, 11 Company holidays, four Floating Holidays (pro-rated based on hire date), one day of paid volunteerism leave per year, parental leave and more
- 401(k) pre-tax and Roth deferral options with employer match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance and Travel Assistance Programs
- Employer matching donations
- Professional development
- Mac or PC? Your choice!
- Awesome swag
The anticipated salary range for candidates in Seattle, WA is $60,000 to $80,000 per year. The final compensation package offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on specific background and education. BlackSky is a multi-state employer and this pay scale may not reflect salary ranges in other states or locations outside of Seattle, WA.
BlackSky is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: