Prior aerospace industry experience preferred.
Stratolaunch is a technology accelerator that engineers operationally realistic testing at Mach 5+. Our air-launched, Talon testbeds are reusable, cost-effective platforms that enable routine access to the hypersonic environment. We deliver flight data critical to validating system performance and achieving rapid technology deployment. Together with our customers, we drive innovations that are imperative to advancing national security.
Stratolaunch is looking for a highly technical Full Cycle Recruiter (Contract) to identify, source, and screen top talent for our growing team. This individual will not only understand the technical requirements needed for our Hypersonic Engineering and Manufacturing Team but also gage how candidates will promote culture adds for our team. This position is highly collaborative, working closely with hiring managers to set technical requirements and understand team needs and current gaps. This is a fast-paced environment where finding a ‘purple squirrel’ needs to be your specialty! This position reports to the Recruiting Program Lead and will collaborate with the VP, HR for compensation and headcount planning.
- Own the end-to-end recruiting process – from generating pipelines all the way to offer acceptance.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to understand the needs and roles to be filled; reviews job descriptions for vacancies. Understand what type of candidates will be successful in the role.
- Act as an ambassador of Stratolaunch, demonstrating and articulating our brand, values, culture, work environment, and benefits.
- Identifies the most effective methods for recruiting and attracting candidates.
- Source candidates using LinkedIn and other tools to find hard-to-fill roles.
- Identifies appropriate candidates and assesses their qualifications through review of their resumes, interviews, and other forms of communications.
- Collaborates with vendors and agencies to make sure candidates are pushed through the process with expediency.
- Maintains contact with candidates to keep them apprised of the status of their applications for an excellent candidate experience.
- Utilize the ATS (Jobvite) to schedule phone screens and submit notes after speaking with candidates and actively move candidate through the hiring process.
- Provides advice to hiring managers regarding salary negotiations with final candidates.
- Facilitates contacts by creating and maintaining a presence in the technical/industry community and marketplace.
- Attends job fairs and industry conferences; runs company booth at job fairs when assigned
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Thorough understanding of technology, technical roles and technical skills.
- Experience in hiring for technical roles with deep market knowledge
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Created and executed recruiting strategies to attract and hire top talent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical and/or human resources field required.
- 5+ years of related recruiting experience required, with prior experience in aerospace roles a plus.
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- This position is located in Mojave, CA, but hybrid/remote work can be considered
- Occasional travel required to Mojave Spaceport, and other domestic locations
Benefits and our location:
- Relocation eligible to local area – Mojave, CA
- 9/80 schedule
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave up to 16 weeks
- 50% company match per contributed dollar into 401(k) savings plan up to the IRS annual limit
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education
Mojave Air & Spaceport is located 95 miles north of Los Angeles. To outsiders it may seem like it is the middle-of-nowhere, but it offers both affordability and central access to a variety of California’s best attractions and landmarks. Hikers will find themselves within a 2-3 hours distance of some of the best state and national parks, including Yosemite and Sequoia in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Skiers will delight in being closely distanced to world-class resorts at Mammoth Mountain, Mountain High, and Big Bear. Beachgoers can find plenty of sand, sun, and sunsets at both Southern and Central California beaches like Ventura, Huntington, Santa Monica, and Pismo. The area also offers plenty of rural area for off-roading and horseback riding enthusiasts.
Not much for the outdoors and prefer the city life? You’re within a half day’s drive or less of Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and San Francisco where you can find a variety of live entertainment, museums, tours, and historical sight-seeing. Theme parks are in abundance, with Six Flags Magic Mountain, Disneyland, and Knotts Berry Farm ready to meet the needs of rollercoaster thrill seekers.
Food and drink fanatics are in a haven of delectable choices. Wine aficionados will also find easy access to some of the state’s best vino in Paso Robles, Santa Ynez, and even more locally in Tehachapi and Agua Dulce. Beer fanatics will find some of the best West Coast IPAs at Bravery and Lucky Luke’s in Lancaster. Any food option you crave is covered, and we always recommend the authentic and fresh Mexican food that you won’t find anywhere else in the United States.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Stratolaunch is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company. We encourage people from all walks of life to apply, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Our management team does not tolerate discrimination or harassment at any point during our employees’ and applicants’ time with us, especially with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law:
Job Category: Human Resources