ispace Technologies, US. located in Denver Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Digital Design Engineer to join its team.
We are a small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Design and develop highly reliable digital avionics systems using FPGAs, soft-core processors, high bandwidth data buses, and various memory devices
- Perform prototyping, design validation, and full system integration testing in lab environment and testing facilities
- Evaluate and develop digital system requirements and verification plans
- Participate in detailed review of other engineers' designs and help develop new architectures and refine existing architectures.
- Partner with Flight Software and Systems Engineering on design and use cases of computer boards and digital systems
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering or science with 5+ years of experience in avionics digital component and/or system design, development and testing
- 3+ years experience with FPGA based development (VHDL/Verilog), deployment, and testbench design for space applications
- Lab and test equipment skills for the debug, characterization, and validation of designs
- Knowledge of circuit design and signal integrity is expected
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Proficient with schematic capture and layout tools such as Altium
- Experience with FPGA design for radiation environments
- Experience with high bandwidth interfaces (PCIe Gen2, SATA II, SERDES)
- Experience with module debug and integration of a module into system
- Familiarity with git and git workflows for version control
- Familiar with environmental test methods and flow
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated learner
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft design and integration; including, but not limited to: EEE-INST-002, NASA-HDBK-4001, NASA-STD-4003, SMC-S-010, & SMC-S-016
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary from $100k+
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k (some fully company-paid options available)
- JG4-P3 #10117