ispace Technologies, US. located in Denver Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Senior Systems Engineer to join its new team.
We are a small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Requirements Engineering, V&V planning, Risk Management, Review Boards
- Coordination and integration of vehicle sub-systems across disciplines
- Develop best in class work processes for engineering and new product development
- Involved in full product lifecycle, ensuring late-stage issues are addressed early in development
- Partner with subsystem responsible engineers to validate mass, propellant, power and link budget, ensuring appropriate application of margins and continually identifying opportunities to increase performance margins
- Collaborate with subsystem leads on requirement development and verification closure at the planned project milestones
- Collaborate with the subsystem leads in defining and executing risk mitigation plans throughout the life of the program
- Coordinate efforts across all disciplines in defining Lander CONOPs
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor, Master’s, or PhD degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 7+ years of spacecraft engineering experience with 4+ years in spacecraft systems engineering, ideally during several lifecycle phases and at spacecraft level
- Deep understanding of systems engineering principles and their application in a fast-paced spacecraft development program
- Broad experience with several spacecraft and/or launch vehicle subsystems; including both hardware and software systems
- Deep expertise in at least one spacecraft technical area (structures, thermal, mechanical, electrical, avionics, GNC, software, etc.)
- Familiarity with engineering drawings, drawing review and sign-off
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Engineering Masters or PhD degree with emphasis on systems
- Experience in defining requirements and verification plans for spacecraft systems
- Extensive contributions to the development of a spacecraft, during multiple lifecycle phases
- Extensive experience in integrated testing and change management
- Experience performing FMECA, reliability analysis, and/or hazard analysis
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft design, test and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5012, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020, SMC-S-005 & SMC-S-016
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary from $130k+
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k (some fully company-paid options available)
- JG5-P3 #10110