ispace Technologies, US. located in Denver Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Structures Engineer Lead to join its team.
We are a small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
- Lead a diverse team of structures engineers from a variety of mechanical and thermal engineering backgrounds
- Lead system-level tasks including creation, management, and communication of development schedules with sufficient detail to ensure that all assigned responsible engineers are aware of theirs tasks and deadlines as well as identify internal and external resources required to support the ongoing development work
- Drive critical decision-making for performing component as well as system level design and analysis, evaluate subsystem performance as part of the complete Lander system, and lead in-ternal structures change management
- Evaluate and develop structural/mechanical architecture and requirements, ensuring manufacturability is a priority
- Drive component design and selection as well as system verification testing, troubleshooting and requirement(s) closure
- Establish structural analysis processes, conduct performance tests on representative models or prototypes to ensure quality and performance standards are met
- Collaborate with software, hardware, supply chain and integration teams
- Create and manage supplier procurement specifications and statements of work
- Create supplier procurement specifications and statements of work
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- BS in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, or robotics with 5+ years of experience in the design of space applications and/or ground support equipment
- Proven track record of leading design development from concept through fabrication, testing and integration
- Knowledgeable about mechanical design, material selection, and fabrication processes for spaceflight hardware
- Has extensive experience with FEM software packages
- Has knowledge of Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Familiarity with project management tools, including Atlassian
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Proficiency in Solidworks, FEmap, NASTRAN (or equivalent) software packages
- Experience with complex spacecraft design and integration
- Design-for-manufacturing experience
- Knowledgeable of space environmental tests
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft structural and mechanical design, test and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020 & SMC-S-016
- 3-5 years experience in leading a team/project
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary from $130k+
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k (some fully company-paid options available)
Position is only available to US Citizens, US Nationals, or Permanent Residents. Sponsorship is currently unavailable.
- JG4-M2/P3 or JG5-M3/P4 depending upon applicable experience #10113