ispace Technologies U.S. located in Denver Colorado is a looking for a highly motivated and talented Assembly, Integration, and Test Manager to join its team.
We are a small, agile, and highly determined to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. Motivated, talented, and hardworking people: we invite you to join us for an exciting new challenge!
The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and solving problems in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
ispace is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
As the Assembly Integration and Test Manager, you will be responsible for system level assembly, vehicle level integration and acceptance testing effort for a lunar space craft and various payloads. You will be responsible for all program and technical aspects of your assigned projects with specific responsibility for schedule, technical planning, tracking, reporting, risk management and ensuring overall program performance objectives are achieved. You will work closely with department leaders to meet program milestones. This position will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Manage a team of engineers and technicians, of various specialties, in the development of manufacturing/assembly planning and testing necessary to ensure flightworthiness of our spacecraft
- Provide technical guidance and oversight for compatibility, interfaces, functionality, and system operability
- Lead the planning and execution of Manufacturing Readiness Review (MRR) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR)
- Lead the development of integration procedures, test procedures, execution of acceptance testing, documenting test results, and test reports
- Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness of test program
- Responsible for authoring materials and process procedures
- Support Systems Engineering team in the review of requirement, risk and validation/verification procedures
- Facilitate rapid resolution of technical delays that impact tasks including real-time, communication with other department leaders
- Support the Engineering team with technical reviews through all phases of design, development and qualification testing
- Support Supply Chain Management (SCM) and Quality Assurance (QA) by being the point of contact for technical questions from suppliers and performing audits as necessary
- Lead Material Review Board (MRB) of non-conforming product
- Assist with development of Material Resource Planning (MRP), Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and Quality Management Systems (QMS) processes
- Lead the development and management of Standard Work Instructions for manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing of the vehicle and sub-systems, in collaboration with the Engineering team.
- Establish training programs and mentoring programs including use of tools, processes, requirements, test, and production
- Assist with development and/or execution of value stream maps, lean manufacturing improvements, and company policy/procedure
- Evaluate impact of Engineering Change Request (ECR) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO)
- Support facility improvements, equipment selection and factory layouts
- Conduct periodic performance feedback and career management dialogues with subordinate engineers
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience)
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering, manufacturing, industrial or another technical experience
- 8+ years of demonstrated ability in development and integration of aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicle systems.
- Prior experience in program management, Engineering management, aerospace vehicle development or ground system development programs
- Knowledge of space vehicle fabrication, assembly techniques, and testing methods
- Ability to interpret drawings, models, manufacturing processes and engineering tools
- Operates well in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience)
- Extensive experience in integrated testing and change management
- Experience performing FMECA, reliability analysis, and/or hazard analysis
- Experience in defining requirements and verification plans for spacecraft systems
- Experience with common industry standards for spacecraft design, test and integration; including, but not limited to, NASA-STD-5001, NASA-STD-5012, NASA-STD-5017, NASA-STD-5020, SMC-S-005, SMC-S-016, & GSFC-STD-7000
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design and development environment
- Schedule may vary depending on program development needs; flexibility required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary from $130k+
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k (some fully company-paid options available)
Position is only available to US Citizens, US Nationals, or Permanent Residents. Sponsorship is currently unavailable.