One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we are on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments, and militaries around the globe communicate.
We are looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
We’re growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider.
Viasat was founded in 1986. Today, we have :7000 employees globally and in the year ending March 2022, our revenues were :$2.8 Billion.Job Description
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments, and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Would you like to be part of a team that makes a real difference in people's lives around the world? The Global Broadband Operations team's mission is to provide reliable internet service to our customers around the globe. We are connecting the unconnected in many parts of the world that are getting access to the internet for the first time. We are also helping people stay connected while they work or do remote learning from home, or while they fly for business or leisure on major airlines such as Delta and JetBlue.
The Global Broadband Operations team is looking for a Production Engineer to ensure Viasat's internet service is highly reliable for customers around the world. Production Engineering consists of a mix of software and systems engineering disciplines. As a Production Engineer, you'll work with engineering teams across the company to improve on the reliability, resiliency, scalability and performance of our production services. You'll treat operations as if it's a software problem to keep mission-critical systems globally running and minimize customer impact during outages. You'll keep an ever-watchful eye on our systems performance and develop software to eliminate toil through automation. Being a Production Engineering team requires a comprehensive understanding of the end-to-end system, a relentless drive towards improving customer experience, and a collaborative approach to solving hard problems.Job Responsibilities
- Contribute as part of a distributed team of Production Engineers that improve the reliability and performance of the production network
- Troubleshoot and debug the hardest problems, live, in our ever-growing large-scale distributed infrastructure and production environment
- Share an on-call rotation in a follow-the-sun 24x7 support model for the reliability of service
- Apply software engineering and networking knowledge to build tools and data platforms that reduce time to restore and eliminate toil
- Develop strong relationships with partner engineering teams to develop the knowledge base and drive operational excellence
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience coding in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, C/C++, Java, and/or Go
- Understanding of communication protocol and networking fundamentals
- Experience designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience as a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) or Production Engineer (PE)
- Knowledge of satellite communication or wireless network technologies (WiMAX, LTE)
- Experience of Unix/Linux operating system administration
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure and developing operational processes
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience in automation and machine learning (ML)
- Experience building operational runbooks and monitoring dashboards (e.g. Splunk, Grafana)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) / DevOps best practices
- Experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!