Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Software Engineer for Vehicle Performance who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?SUMMARY:
This position will work on-site at our headquarters in Houston, Texas. The Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, integration, and testing of performance analysis software for the space station.Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
Duties & Responsibilities
- Help develop, test, and improve a software platform that integrates various analysis packages. packages are built in a variety of languages/environments including MATLAB, NASA trick, C++, Python, Thermal Desktop, and ANSYS Twin Builder.
- Communicate with subject matter experts, users, other developers, and management throughout the software test and development lifecycle.
- Maintain disciplined software configuration control and management processes.
- Aide in the construction of a distributed system architecture and subsequent synchronization of constituent packages to produce a fully integrated, high-fidelity vehicle model.
- Help develop coherent and comprehensive simulation scenarios, assist in scenario implementation and execution accordingly.
- Assist in the development and execution of software unit/integration test procedures.
- Mentor team members and help establish best practices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”Education & Experience
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer engineering, electrical engineering, computer science, engineering, other STEM related field, or experience deemed equivalent by hiring manager
- Possess 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrate a strong background in software engineering
- Have experience with MATLAB, C++, and Python
- Candidates must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation
- Candidates must be able to present proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency
- Have experience or familiarity with modeling and simulation
- A candidate who has familiarity with NASA Trick simulation and/or ZeroMQ is highly desired but not required
- Experience with agile systems engineering process
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.Requirements
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication skill, verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Result oriented personality with a creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.