Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about software quality through automation and engineering excellence? If so, we’d love to talk to you! The Quality Platform and Assurance team is seeking a Software Quality Engineer who is experienced in developing quality platforms, test automation and tools.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Build test automation frameworks that supports running test automation with high reliability and relevancy
- Develop new tools and approaches of managing Test Data, Test Environments and Automation Tests
- Partner with remote teams in various time zones (across the globe) and share what you learn with your teams and other members of the QE team
What You Bring:
- Several years of experience in software development and quality engineering
- Full stack application test development experience (Database, Services, Web)
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically CI/CD and automated QA processes in an agile development environment
- Effective communicator across teams/functions to identify tooling needs, automation gaps and reduce toil in the development process
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Work(ed) in an agile environment and have built testing frameworks from scratch
- Experience with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience with node.js
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays and regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment and flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection and mentorship