Role Description Sumary
Are you a software developer (C#, SQL, Python) with a passion for radio frequency and satellite industry? This might be the role for you!
This position is part of an international Spectrum team and plays an important role in identifying and acquiring new radio segments opportunities for SES, both for GSO and NGSO, but also in managing the existing ITU filings and coordinates orbital slots with other operators while also developing and maintaining relationships with key regulatory bodies.
In this role of Spectrum Tools Development Engineer you will be responsible for the specification, design, development, deployment, and maintenance of various tools, applications and databases, including the V2K environment, which is an in-house suite of software tools developed to support the Spectrum activities.
Being widely used in other parts of SES, the V2K requires a bit of supporting and advising for its users community, so you should be the main point of knowledge for the related tools and provide technical recommendations to management.
Are you in for the challenge?
You will be responsible for (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Develop and maintain current V2K applications and server according to the requirements of the Spectrum Team needs and assess potential improvements and modernization
- Develop new tools/applications supporting the development of SES in new spectrum bands, both for GSO and NGSO purposes
- Administer and develop the databases of known geostationary satellites, their frequency plans and their coverage, as well as the administrative arrangements
- Always strictly follow Software Development Governance, as issued by ISS, in terms of best practice, development tools, cyber security, etc.
- Maintain and develop tools for the analysis of spectrum situation and synthesis of future networks
- Must Have
- University Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- Minimum 2/3 years of relevant experience in Software / Database engineering and development
- Programming skills, both server and client side, in Microsoft .NET, C#, SQL Server, Matlab and Python
- Knowledge of architecture of computer program design, with experience in software specification, design, implementation, verification and validation
What's In It For You
- Nice to Have
- Software / Database quality management experience
- Availability to travel as required
- Expertise in computer modelling of radiocommunication systems, interference modelling, and/or satellite orbits
- Experience in utilities programming, debuggers and debugging techniques
GOOD TO KNOW
- Flexible working environment, providing opportunities for hybrid or remote work, based on the role
- Bonus and equity compensation plans
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits plans
- A range of wellness activities and employee assistance programs
- An employer that values all aspects of Diversity and respects every individual’s story
- Time off for life’s important events and charity work
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity & inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or other characteristics protected by local, state, or federal law.