Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere. Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it. Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Printed Circuit Board Designer who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?SUMMARY:
Responsible for the design of printed circuit boards to support various space and ground hardware.Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide printed circuit board design support to various projects at Axiom.
- Create multilayer PCB designs and layout using Altium Designer.
- Work with Electrical Engineers to implement desired design packages.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers and Designers to implement desired packaging plans.
- Perform the implementation of analog, digital, high frequency, matched differential pairs, and high-power circuitry, utilizing through hole and surface mount technologies.
- Create Gerber data and package all files for fabrication.
- Create PCB footprints for the master library by interpreting manufacturer's data sheets.
- Document and archive schematic diagrams, PCB assembly drawings, PCB mechanical support drawings, and wiring harness drawings.
- Work with vendor manufacturers to communicate and provide clarity during PCB fabrication.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
“This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.”Education & Experience
- Certification of two (2) years training from a vocational training school or two (2) years of college with courses relevant to drafting or engineering principles, plus an additional six (6) years of relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the progressive experience.
- In-depth experience, proficiency and knowledge of Altium Designer.
- Detailed knowledge of IPC standards IPC-2221 and IPC-2222.
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.Requirements
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-paced work environment.
- Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment.
- Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver.
- Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity.
- Professional, confident, driven, and dynamic.
- Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork - Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.