Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About The Role
We are looking for a Partner Business Manager
with a focus on our 3rd party community of Consulting Agencies and System Integrators.
The role would reside within Planet’s commercial organization and is responsible for fostering and building SI relationships along with developing strategies to meet revenue and profit goals.
Impact You’ll Own
- Support development of a strategy based on Planet’s definitive target markets. Drive growth by introducing creative ideas about programs, sales strategies, and studies to break into new areas and grow existing ones
- Manage the business relationships with the System Integrators in the region, such as evangelization, internal voice, and technical enablement, etc. Responsible for ensuring that SIs are conducting business up to Planet’s company standards
- Manage the right coverage and mix of SIs Globally. Define SI-specific business plans with quantifiable goals and sign new SIs as needed.
- Establish process, criteria, and controls for selection, management, and performance of SIs
- Summarize SIs pipeline and revenue per SIs for the region
- Communicate strategic activities and sales progress with Planet’s senior leadership team and across the global direct sales organization
- Actively manage SIs enablement to sell and service our full range of products. Ensure SIs, sales and management are working together in the sales process, lead generation, registering opportunities, accurately forecasting revenue, and tracking to required revenue goals established by their discount tier
- Drive sales through and potentially to SIs and execute go-to-market strategies. Implement strategic sales account plans for SIs and identify business growth opportunities
- Participate in sales cadence of Sales Kickoff, Quarterly Business Reviews, and Weekly Forecast calls
What You Bring
- Minimum 5+ years of client relations or sales experience including 3+ years of working with and/or selling to global consulting agencies
- Demonstrated capacity to manage complex relationships
- Demonstrated track record of meeting and exceeding partner channel revenue growth targets
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a high-growth culture
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation, speaking, and writing skills
- Excellent market research and prospecting skills
- The ability to coach channel sales teams on a solution selling sales methodology
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- A strong understanding of home working and the motivation to stay on track
- Degree or equivalent business experience
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with remote sensing, geospatial imagery and/or GIS software
- Capable of leading cross-functional workshops and aligning internal stakeholders to build positive team dynamics that deliver results
Benefits While Working At Planet
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why We Care So Much About Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
By clicking "Apply Now" at the top of this job posting, I acknowledge that I have read the Planet Data Privacy Notice for California Staff Members and Applicants, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Compensation (only Applicable For Colorado Applicants)
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $106,200 - $192,000. This role is eligible for bonus, commission and equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.