SGSS has an immediate full-time opening for an experienced software developer at Blossom Point Tracking Facility, located in Welcome, MD. The position will be responsible for development of mission-unique ground software for satellite command, control, and telemetry monitoring.
- Design and implement software for a large-scale command and control system
- Develop software using C/C++ in a RHEL Linux environment
- Create and execute system tests and document test procedures
- Perform System and Software level Integration and Test for an operational environment
- Troubleshoot software system issues
- Knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards
- Work as an effective team member across multiple disciplines (systems, networking, configuration management, & test engineering)
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & sometimes pressured environment
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to obtain a minimum DoD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in a relative field of study
- A minimum of five (5) years' professional experience
- Proficiency developing and testing software in a Linux environment
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
- C/C++ or JAVA in a Linux environment
- Use of software configuration management tools (examples: GIT, ClearCase, Mercurial, etc.)
- Documenting test results for corrective actions
- Interacting with databases (examples: Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, etc.)
- Writing scripts (examples: shell scripting, python, PERL, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of networking technology, TCP/IP and common internet application protocols
- Experience with Satellite Ground Systems, Ground System Operations, or Satellite Operations
Space Ground Systems Solutions (SGSS), an operating unit of Parsons, is passionate about making our nation the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our security for future generations depends on it. We have emerged as a leader in the development of cutting-edge solutions for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Our tremendous success can be attributed to our people and our priorities. Do you want to be part of a team that is helping the government solve major national security challenges in the space domain? We need your help.
SGSS believes in taking care of their employees by offering:
- ALL benefits fully funded, for your entire family
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Group Life/STD/LTD - no employee premiums
- HSA (Health Savings Account) provided, with S GSS funding the maximum amount allowed by the IRS
- Retirement Savings Plan (RSP/401k) with a 20% annual company contribution - no employee contribution required
Apply now to work for a company that truly believes YOU are the key to OUR success . . . Come BE the difference.
If this position requires a government clearance, the applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for accessing classified information.
Each Division of Parsons is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All divisions are committed to making employment decisions based on valid requirements, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by state, local or federal law. For more information, please visit www.eeoc.gov.