We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin’s vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of engineers, you will perform testing of rocket engine hardware, sharing in your team’s impact on all aspects of engineering in the development life cycle. Your daily responsibilities will include tasks such as coordinating with a multidisciplinary team to plan and execute liquid rocket engine testing at the component and integrated system level, develop and configure engine hot fire auto sequences, analyze test data, and support subsequent data reviews. Other tasks include generating test reports and engine requirements verification, identifying and implementing opportunities for liquid rocket engine testing cadence improvement, and supporting anomaly investigations as well as root cause analysis.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in an engineering field (aerospace, mechanical, or physics desired)
- 2+ years of experience in a testing environment (level commensurate on experience)
- Complete understanding and ability to apply engineering fundamentals including thermodynamics and fluid mechanics
- Demonstrated familiarity with data analysis and data processing
- Working knowledge of instrumentation including pressure transducers, thermocouples and accelerometers
- Working knowledge of engine components such as pumps, valves, regulators, check valves, as well as electric, pneumatic and hydraulic valves, actuators and other fluid system components
- Desire to work in a cooperative, fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity to understand rocket engines at a component and system level
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Working knowledge of a variety of rocket propellants including cryogenic propellants
- Working knowledge of rocket engine cycles, other engines or large component testing
- Ability to read and interpret engineering standards, technical requirements and drawings
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices
- Willingness to travel to support on site testing
Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on “EEO Is the Law,” please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin’s Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays