EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY
Quality Assurance Support Engineer
Job Req ID: 17084
Closing Date: 21 December 2022 23:59 CET/CEST
Establishment: ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
Directorate: Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality
Publication: Internal & External
Vacancy Type: Permanent
Date Posted: 23 November 2022
Vacancy in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
ESA is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified A2-A4 on the Coordinated Organisations’ salary scale
ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands
Quality Assurance Support Engineer in the Quality, Supply Chain and Knowledge Management Section, Quality, Dependability and PA Support Division, Product Assurance and Safety Department, Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality.
The Quality and Supply Chain Management Section is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of quality and supply chain management expertise and standards. The Section provides quality and knowledge management support to ESA corporate areas, manages accreditation and certification schemes, and supports the evaluation and monitoring of ESA supply chain quality in close cooperation with the Industrial, Procurement & Legal Services and Programme Directorates. The Section also hosts the IT team supporting the development, maintenance and operations of IT solutions for the Department’s core activities.
Reporting to the Head of Section, your main tasks and responsibilities if selected for this position will involve providing expert support in the field of quality assurance to ESA corporate stakeholders. Major tasks will include:
- coordination of ESA internal and external alert processes and systems, consisting in:
- acting as a focal point for ESA alerts in interfaces with ESA and industry users;
- coordinating the activities of the ESA Alert Committee (EAC);
- performing regular status reviews of all active internal and external alerts;
- maintaining, improving and promoting ESA alerts system tools.
- coordinating the Test Centre certification activities; which includes:
- maintaining and developing the Test Centre certification scheme and related processes;
- planning, execution and follow-up of the certification audits;
- monitoring of certificate status;
- liaising with European test centres.
- supporting the supplier evaluation process, which may include support for audit planning, organisation and execution;
- participating, as lead auditor, in ESA technical auditing activities;
- liaising with designated European and international organisations for the coordination of the quality activities listed above;
- supporting the operations of and improvements to the internal quality management systems;
- reporting on KPI status and achievement of objectives for all the quality activities listed above.
Duties may also include supporting other activities within your field of competence.
General background and specific experience in the technical domains covered by the position
Experience in activities related to quality assurance and PA&S
Experience with Space Quality Standards and their preparation and implementation
Understanding of related testing facilities’ processes and methodologies, associated R&D trends and familiarity with the industrial landscape
A master’s degree in engineering or technical sciences is required for this post.
Knowledge of the ESA alert process would be an asset.
Lead auditor training and experience would be beneficial.
Knowledge of the ESA standard for Test Centre Certification: ECSS-Q-ST-20-07.
Experience in the definition, implementation and maintenance of quality management systems compliant with ISO 9001, EN 9100 and ISO 17025 standards would be an asset.
Security clearance from the relevant national security administration is required.
For behavioural competencies expected from ESA staff in general, please refer to the ESA Competency Framework
For further information please visit: Professionals
, What we offer
The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
The Agency may require applicants to undergo selection tests.
At the Agency we value diversity and we welcome people with disabilities. Whenever possible, we seek to accommodate individuals with disabilities by providing the necessary support at the workplace. The Human Resources Department can also provide assistance during the recruitment process. If you would like to discuss this further please contact us email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications are only considered from nationals of one of the following States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Canada, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
According to the ESA Convention, the recruitment of staff must take into account an adequate distribution of posts among nationals of the ESA Member States*. When short-listing for an interview, priority will first be given to internal candidates and secondly to external candidates from under-represented or balanced Member States*. (https://esamultimedia.esa.int/docs/careers/NationalityTargets.pdf
In accordance with the European Space Agency’s security procedures and as part of the selection process, successful candidates will be required to undergo basic screening before appointment conducted by an external background screening service.
Recruitment will normally be at the first grade in the band (A2); however, if the candidate selected has little or no experience, the position may be filled at A1 level.
- Member States, Associate Members or Cooperating States.