One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments, and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Viasat was founded in 1986. Today, we have over 5500 employees globally and in the year ending March 2020, our revenues were :$2.3 Billion.Job Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Lead Polyglot Software Engineer with 8+ years of professional software engineering experience involving work on the requirements, design, implementation, integration, and test of deployed software. As a Technical Lead you will be performing full-cycle software development work as a member of a team on various full-stack projects.
Looking for a capable self-starter, self-motivated software engineering, focused on software development methods including Agile/Scrum/Kanban. In addition, you have experience with requirements analysis, use case & user story analysis, high- and low-level design, implementation and unit test, system integration test, deployment monitoring, and sustaining product support. While engineering a solution, also be responsible for handling vital resources for the team to succeed.Required Skills:
- 8+ years hands-on development experience with Object Oriented Languages (i.e., C#/ .Net Technologies).
- 8+ years proven experiences in full software development cycle including requirement analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging.
- 6+ years hands-on development experience with MSSQL/MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle Databases.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, Kanban methodologies.
- Experience with SCM and issue tracking tools such as Git, Artifactory, JIRA.
- A desire to solve complex software and system issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related subject area.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Experience as a team lead / supervisor.
- Experience with scripting languages (i.e., Bash).
- Knowledge of multi-threaded applications and inter-process communication.
- Knowledge of virtualization and experience with virtualization tools helpful.
- Continuous Integration & development (CI/CD) experience.
- AWS experience is a plus.
- Experience with a Message broker-based application development (such as RabbitMQ).
- Experience with Ansible playbook-based SW/system deployment.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!