What We’re Looking For:
If you have 2+ years of experience in Java software development, then you will be excited about the Software Engineer II opening with Iridium on our B/OSS Billing Development team. As a Software Engineer II, you’ll write code in Java to build and maintain front-end and middleware applications within the B/OSS development team. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to learn new skills and expand your skillset to work across the multiple areas of B/OSS applications. You will succeed in this role if you are analytical and have strong development skills with the ability to understand the existing code, translate low level designs in to coding.
What You’ll Do:
- Create new Java code and maintain Java-based middleware with SOAP web services
- Play a role in Agile Scrum team software development cycle, including design discussions
- Work closely with product owner, software developers, quality assurance and operations support teams
- Submit to peer code review against the team’s agreed-upon code standards and industry best practices.
- Maintain the software configuration management repository, as well as generate the patches and builds for test, and production environments
- Support the integration, documentation, and launch of new product offerings throughout the release/development cycle
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience in core Java software development
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly present information and ideas to others
- Have confidence and be able to easily build meaningful relationships with your manager and members of your team
- Be active in seeking out ways to improve yourself and gain new knowledge, and be enthusiastic in sharing knowledge with others
- Willingness to learn new SW programming languages, tools, and processes
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve basic problems, and working under tight time constraints and input from other developers and leadership
Things That Would be Great if You Brought to the Table:
- Knowledge of C, C++, Unix and PHP would be an advantage
We’ll also need you to:
- Provide second level production support to the primary, after hours for any critical issues that cannot wait till next working day
This position primarily works in the company office or in a home office. The position is largely sedentary with the majority of the position sitting in a chair and working with a computer. The role uses basic office equipment including a phone, video, computer, keyboard, mouse and printer. For meetings in-person, this position will need to be able stand, walk within the office and climb stairs on occasion.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.