As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.OUR PEOPLE
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.Job Summary
We are seeking an Electrical Integration Engineer to serve as a key interface between the requirements, design, subsystem engineering, system engineering, and production teams. Integration engineer will also create thorough documentation for the process they implement to ensure that others can correctly interpret it. This role will involve a considerable and detailed amount of communication with organization clients. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on new space technologies.
Required Skills And Experience
- Work with the design and development engineers throughout the engineering organization to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions.
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, system architecture, firmware development and firmware validation teams to understand new component-level hardware changes which are being developed and how to support them in firmware – both in manufacturing and for customer use – so that they can be seamlessly introduced to our vehicle platforms
- Develop and execute firmware integration test plans on new hardware components and firmware features to rapidly retire risk from new designs and provide feedback to the development teams to accelerate our aggressive development cycles
- Dig into data and source code to identify and debug issues at the system level and propose robust solutions
- Work with manufacturing and with service to ensure the function(s) are rolled out and functioning properly. This can include development of processes, diagnostic tools and methods, and root-cause diagnosis for product issues
- Collaborate with validation teams to design tests which will validate the functions, interfaces, and interactions of the system. Identify areas of concern, and work with teams to rectify any bugs
- Develop prototype test setups to integrate new subsystems with simulated and actual vehicle components
- Lead and manage integration of initial prototype systems including bring-up, debug, and engineering test of alpha- and beta-phase prototype vehicles
- Determining that the outcome of the integration has met the organization's needs
- Handling a broad range of software and other programming tasks to ensure that their systems integrations are functional.
- Defining integration strategies and methods and then planning them in accordance with established deadlines and time schedules
- Creating and providing technical documentation that explains upcoming or existing integrations to non-technical individuals
- Assess vehicle (e.g., aircraft, ground, remotely operated, etc.) requirements and develop relevant integrated system architectures
- Establish integrated system architectures which enable subsystem communication, power distribution, and control
- Develop integration plans, create interface control documents (ICDs), and track requirements against plans
- Collaborate with vendors and members of the team to implement the required physical and logical system interfaces
- Perform hands-on implementation and troubleshooting of complex hardware and software integrations throughout various stages of the design and build
- Leverage common embedded and industrial communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet, 1553, UART, SPI, I2C, etc
- Drive the system design, integration, assembly, and test efforts
- Conduct and support design and trade studies
- Prepare and support design reviews
- Provides leadership and direction to more junior engineers and technicians.
- Willing to work off shifts and weekends as needed
- Strong team player with proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads
- Result driven, demonstrates ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Experience with electrical test engineering and test support.
- Familiarity with electrical test equipment such as benchtop power supplies, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, and data acquisition systems.
- Familiarity with automated test equipment and the Windows workstation environment.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
- Can work independently and as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and internal customers with differing backgrounds and at various hierarchical levels.
- Strong analytic capability and a pro-active initiating attitude
- Detailed level planning skills
- Experience with MS Project is a plus
- Exceptional time management, organization, and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while producing quality work products
- Is innovative, enjoys problem solving and building teams
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with Jira and similar project management tools
- Experience with spacecraft design, development, integration, or test, with knowledge at the component through level
- Validated understanding of thinking skills and behaviors
- Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
- Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution vital to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and tackle numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
- Proven track record to lead teams and get results without direct authority
Education & Work Experience:
- BS Degree in Engineering
- Preferred: MS Degree in Engineering, Physics
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Required experience closely related & discipline to space
Compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. ÂAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.